What is happening / being planned?
Oxfordshire County Council have been planning the Housing Infrastructure Fund (HIF1) scheme for almost a decade. It is a 9 mile road from the A34 at Milton to the Oxford Road (B4015) near Nuneham Courtenay. The development comprises the following sections:
- A new dual carriageway from A34 at Milton to a new roundabout near Didcot
- A major bridge over the main Great Western rail line to Wales
- A section all along Didcot northern perimeter road
- A flyover over rail sidings close to Appleford
- A major new bridge over the Thames near Culham
- A new road – the Clifton Hampden bypass – along A415 diverting between Culham Science Center & Clifton Hampden
- Ending on the B4015 near Nuneham Courtenay (this is a B road which will struggle to take all the traffic) to connect to the A 4074 Oxford – Reading road.
This would be an arterial road to take commercial traffic from the A34 through Didcot towards east Oxford or the M40.